home                 contact me                 why embrace?                 my main blog                
.....

Thursday, August 25, 2011

black currant jam [day 237]

black currant jam [237]

I quite liked today. I got up early (read: 7:30am -- hey, that's early for this girl!) and spent the morning baking (with the black currant jam above) and cleaning. my hair was in a low bun, I was wearing pearl earrings, I was busy in the kitchen, making things and cleaning...all I needed was a dress and some heels and you could have called me Mrs. 50s Domestic Housewife. except that wouldn't be true since a) I'm not married, b) I don't live in the nineteen fifties (sadly), and c) I'm not the least bit domestic. but I had fun pretending today ;)

-carlotta

6 comments:

  1. Haha! Yeah, sometimes I feel like that- I feel I was born in the wrong time. If anything, I would have liked to live in the Victorian era:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! :) I was doing just the same this morning -- ironing with a low bun in my hair and listening to the 50's music. (All I needed was an old apron, a 50's dress, and the 1950s to make it just that much more real.) Pretending is so much fun, no? And you say you're not domestic? Well, dearie! It's time you started being domestic! -- this is only the beginning! Never say never. :{)
    By the way, that picture is gorgeous perfection. LOVE it. The small bokeh gives it a whimsy feel and the black and white really soothes the picture, and makes me nostalgic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm...I'm drinking up this picture, the jam, and your housewife image - what fun!

    Love,
    ~bree

    ReplyDelete
  4. did you take a photo of yourself? you should post it! (unless you already have and I just haven't seen it!)

    ReplyDelete