home                 contact me                 why embrace?                 my main blog                
.....

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

mr. turtle [day 236]

mr. turtle [236]

ever since I can remember, we had a green turtle sandbox on our back deck in Texas. we've moved, siblings have been born, and in the midst of everything, the turtle got discarded. on Lilly's birthday this past February, a replacement arrived. it was like my earliest memories relived -- I spent so many happy days playing the in sand of the green turtle. ah, sweet nostalgia...

-carlotta

3 comments:

  1. Aw, that's so cute, and an adorable story to go along with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have a turtle just like this in my backyard, left over from sweet little-girl days. I filled it with water, with sand, with dirt, with dolls... ah, nostalgia. :)

    ~Larkin

    ReplyDelete