home                 contact me                 why embrace?                 my main blog                
.....

Friday, August 19, 2011

feathers [day 231]


I've recently started a feather collection. I know, I know, feathers have germs and are dirty and carry the most deadly diseases. but I can't help it -- they're just too dang pretty. so a feather collection it is. seriously though, each time I look at a feather I'm amazed. the perfect individual components coming together to form a seamless feather, like a natural zipper...our God is stunning.

-carlotta

9 comments:

  1. oh, look. yet another carlotta/abbey similarity. ;) i quite like collecting these beauties. there are so many canada goose feathers around here. a friend of ours has peacocks, so i'm excited to acquire some of those. {the feathers, not the birds. ;)} and, i agree. our God truly is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally agree- "I know, I know, feathers have germs and are dirty and carry the most deadly diseases. but I can't help it -- they're just too dang pretty."
    i adore feathers; they're gorgeous. i get the "deadly disease/ dirty/ icky" talk all the time, but... honestly, i don't really pay any attention. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the one on the left! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. beeeeeeeautiful! i love the polka dot one so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those feathers are sensational! any feathers i've seen are plain black or white. boring in other words.
    hope you have fun with the collection and don't get any diseases or germs : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! And yes, I quite agree, God is so amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely idea! May you not get sick! I understand, though. Feathers are stunning.

    ReplyDelete